Seafood Gumbo + Creamy Penne Noodles
Flavorful Creamy Cajun Seafood Penne Gumbo In Just 30 Minutes!!
This penne gumbo is sure to be a hit in any seafood lovers house! With its creamy and flavorful rich taste, you are sure to enjoy this quick meal. I chose to make the Seafood Penne Gumbo with lots of flavorful meats and seafood. I used crab legs as well as real crab claw meat from the deli. The crab meat adds a rich crab base flavor to the gumbo. Sometimes when I only use crab legs you don’t get much flavor from the actual crab meat. I did add crab legs because well, everyone liked to crack a crab leg or two.
Let me just tell you that my love for seafood is real. I’m always looking for new ways to use seafood in meals. My second food love is pasta. I love pasta and noodles so I decided to combine the two. This was quick and easy and only took one pot to create! How easy is that, great for busy nights or weekends. This dish is bound to leave you with leftovers for the next day.
This meal is hearty and can be made in just 30 minutes!
- 1/2 pound of crab claw meat
- 1/2 pound of crab legs
- 14 ounce sausage, smoked cut diagonally
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 pound shrimp, cleaned and shell less
- 4 tbsp. minced garlic
- 1/2 cup Italian flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 pound penne pasta, dried
- 1 quart chicken broth
- 5 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 4 ounces shredded parmesan cheese
- 3 tbsp. old bay seasoning
- Salt, pepper, garlic salt, paprika
- Start by cleaning and prepping the meat and seafood.
- Put the olive oil in a pot big enough for the gumbo and start on medium heat.
- Season the chicken, shrimp, and sausage with salt/pepper/garlic salt.
- Brown the chicken and put in the sausage and minced garlic.
- Cook for 4 minutes and add the crab and shrimp.
- Add the heavy cream, chicken broth, and penne pasta.
- Add the old bay seasoning and paprika.
- Stir everything together and bring to a simmer on medium heat.
- Reduce the heat to low and let cook covered for 20-25 minutes.
- Remove the pot from heat and stir in the parmesan cheese and parsley.
- Cover again and let the parsley wilt for 5 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
I served my dish with fresh garlic french bread!
I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I did! Please leave a comment with questions and let me know how your meal turned out!